General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Effecterra Ltd needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Effecterra Ltd permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Effecterra Ltd legitimate interests
- Effecterra Ltd needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. In the course of engaging with our services, you may provide personal information about you and your contacts. Personal information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use our services, consult with our sales or customer service team, or send us an email.
How We Use Information
We collect information from your interactions to provide and improve our services. We use collected data to respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns.
If opted in, we may use your data for Effecterra Ltd marketing materials including emails, social media and campaigns. You can request an “opt-out” if you wish to be removed from our marketing list at any time.
We use both session and persistent cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Visitor identification
- Google Analytics
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to improve the website’s usability;
- to analyse the use of our website;
- to connect to 3rd party services of benefit;
www.effecterra.com follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the password feature on our site, and some navigation paths will stop.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
- in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites as cookies are need for operation of most modern websites/3rd party integration features.